By Jim Thatcher, Cynthia Waddell, Shawn Henry, Sarah Swierenga, Mark Urban, Michael Burks, Paul Bohman
This booklet is for a person who owns or makes web pages: from the freelance net specialist to the company in-house layout and improvement division, in addition to all businesses and executive coverage makers excited by the improvement and upkeep of websites for his or her associations, and companies that offer web-based prone to the general public. presents functional suggestions for constructing thoroughly available websites with a brief reference advisor to obtainable site design.This booklet is for all internet execs trying to find an intuitive path to including dynamic content material from databases to their websites, assuming simply HTML. No concept; no philosophy - simply strategies and recommendations.
Read Online or Download Constructing Accessible Websites PDF
Similar networking: internet books
This quantity takes an process that's assorted out of your common internet-related books. the first concentration is the speculation of Open resource Innovation. this can be the open, collective interactive mode of innovation that contains little traditional fiscal transaction. This e-book is going from an research of the early stages of web improvement to its value this day.
Three hundred pages, 7 x 10 inches or 18 x 25. five cm, not easy disguise, 60 pictures (57 color), index. This e-book, initially released in German, is a famous vintage at the biology of captive reptiles (and chosen amphibians). In it, the writer rigorously summarizes a tremendous physique of knowledge either his personal broad adventure at Tierpark Berlin and an enormous literature a lot of which has been little recognized outdoor the German-speaking international.
Who wishes dear, outdated place of work software program? Now, you are able to do every little thing on-line, loose, with Google doctors! specialists Steve and Nancy Holzner supply basic, step by step directions and nice insider counsel for benefiting from Google’s robust on-line notice processing, spreadsheet, and presentation instruments.
- Fireworks Fast & Easy Web Development
- Creating Web Sites Bible, Third Edition
- Benzodiazepines - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- X3D: Programmierung interaktiver 3D-Anwendungen für das Internet
- Semantic Web Services Challenge: Results from the First Year (Semantic Web and Beyond)
- Web component development with Zope 3
Extra resources for Constructing Accessible Websites
When your Web server’s IP address changes, those trying to view your Web pages using the old IP address will no longer be able to do so—even though the PWS is running and your computer is connected to the Internet. The solution is to contact your ISP and ask for a static IP address. At present, your ISP cannot assign your computer a static IP address if you are connecting to the Internet through a dial-up connection on a standard phone line—you need an ISDN, DSL, or cable modem Internet connection.
Understand that typography does not end with the words themselves; the presentation is equally important. For example, designers use typeface and size to indicate the importance of certain text passages, which is why headlines are larger and often in a different typeface than body text. The typeface you choose conveys mood and creates the atmosphere in which the visitor reads the message. Using the wrong typeface confuses the reader, because the content “feels” out of place. For example, several studies (one conducted by Yale) indicate that serif typefaces convey a more serious mood than sans (that is, without) serif typefaces.
4. Within the Address tab of the TCP/IP Properties dialog box, click the Specify An IP Address radio button. Then, enter the IP address and Subnet mask given to you by your ISP. After you complete Step 4, click OK at the bottom of the TCP/IP Properties Dialog box and then click OK at the bottom of the Network dialog box. Windows will then update your system settings and prompt you to reset your computer. After your computer resets and you again connect your computer to the Internet, the PWS will be accessible at the same (static) IP address on a permanent basis.