By Jonathan Lane
This publication covers the whole technique of development an internet site. This method includes even more than simply technical wisdom, and this booklet offers you all of the info you will have to appreciate the options at the back of designing and constructing for the internet, in addition to the simplest potential to convey expert, best-practice-based results.
There is much extra to construction a profitable site than understanding a bit Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). the method starts off lengthy sooner than any coding occurs, and this publication introduces you to the agile improvement method, explaining why this technique makes loads experience for internet tasks and the way most sensible to enforce it. making plans is essential, so you are going to additionally use ideas resembling brainstorming, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to get your venture off to the very best begin and aid make sure gentle development because it develops.
An knowing of right, semantic markup is vital to any net specialist, so this publication explains how XHTML can be used to constitution content material in order that the markup adheres to present internet criteria. you are going to know about the wide variety of HTML parts to be had to you, and you can find out how and whilst to take advantage of them via construction instance net pages.
Without inventive use of Cascading kind Sheets (CSS), web pages could all glance principally an identical. CSS grants the facility to set your site except the remainder whereas preserving the integrity of your markup. you are going to find out how CSS works and the way to use types for your pages, permitting you to gain your layout principles within the browser.
While an internet site is being outfitted, it should be demonstrated throughout a number of browsers and structures to make sure that the positioning works for all clients, despite skill or incapacity, and the booklet explains how most sensible to do those projects. Then, it discusses the method of launching and preserving the positioning in an effort to proceed to paintings for all its clients all through its life-cycle.
The e-book concludes by means of overlaying server-side applied sciences, performing as a advisor to different ideas on hand and explaining alterations among to be had items. With insights from well known specialists equivalent to Jason Fried of 37signals, Daniel Burka of Digg and Pownce, and Chris Messina of Citizen organisation, starting place site production presents important details acceptable to each net venture, despite measurement, scope, or budget.
In this booklet you'll
- See how the internet has constructed and the position net criteria play
- Learn the right way to plan and deal with the construction of a website
- Learn how you can separate content material from presentation with HTML and CSS
- Learn how most sensible to check, release, and hold a website
Summary of Contents
- Chapter 1 Introducing the prior, current, and way forward for the Web
- Chapter 2 conserving a venture on Track
- Chapter three making plans and High-Level Design
- Chapter four Writing Markup with HTML and XHTML
- Chapter five Exploring basic recommendations of CSS
- Chapter 6 constructing CSS in perform: From layout to Deployment
- Chapter eight trying out, Launching, and Maintaining
- Chapter nine internet 2.0: utilizing Ajax and Social Software
- Chapter 10 utilizing Server-Side Technologies
- Afterword The enterprise of the Web